Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Strawberry Garden Has Gone Gangbusters


Well, for me, an incompetent gardener, this is gangbusters.

We picked strawberries, pulled some quackgrass, and enjoyed the sunshine between all of the rainstorms. Yes, the rainstorms Cantore predicted have arrived, and we put in some marigold seeds and basil seeds before they started.

Something else that's on my mind at the moment is: is this roma tomato the little tomato that could? Or is it toast? I purchased this from Meijer and probably shouldn't have, but I'm a sucker for the underdog. It looks dry, but it has been receiving plenty of water. What do you think? I actually have two roma plants like this; they're about a third of the size of the rest of the (clearly healthy) tomato plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment