Sunday, June 19, 2011

Seeds are alive!

And it always, always seems like magic when it happens. After my sister-in-law gave us all those seeds, I planted them with abandon, thinking it's been a wet year so far so maybe I'll get some nice, low-maintenance veggies.

These little cuties were first. I have three and I'm hoping for more.


They're sweet peas. I love eating new peas, and I can't wait for my four-year old to be able to enjoy this treat for the first time.

I also have three little green bean plants of varying heights. Three plants out of the approximately forty, six-year old seeds I planted.


There aren't any above-ground signs yet from the billion carrot seeds or the few broccoli seeds that I planted.

My meteorologist crush Jim Cantore (no! not J. Walter Weatherman) calls for rain all week, but it hasn't arrived (grrr), so I'm watering these as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment