Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sad Sand Cherry

I love purple. And at its peak, I thought that this sand cherry was beautiful and added a lot to my landscape. This was the first shrub that I picked out for my home after the builder/previous owner took most of the landscaping with her to her new home.

But now, the sand cherry is sick with some sort of illness, and I don't know how to help it. And it makes me sad that the typical Michigan lifespan for a sand cherry is 10-15 years.





 The landscape at my friends' home features a beautiful, full sand cherry that clearly is mature. I'd love to know the secret. Or is it just luck?

The sand cherry may be sad, but one thing that thrives all over my property is daisies. I have at least six different plots of these. The first two flowers have opened, and my daisies are soon to be featured at a relative's rehearsal dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment