Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gardening with sibs

We spent the day socializing, swimming, grilling (baby back ribs), weeding, and planting with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. We planted a ton of seeds, and they also gave me a bunch to bring home and plant. I can't wait to see what grows there, and I'm especially excited to see if their pumpkins are successful. I don't know how they built their vegetable garden, but it's huge and very nice-looking.

I pulled a few weeds from the adorable lakeside garden while I worked on my tan:


My brother uses many of the same techniques that my farmer parents used. I've really gone off in my own dorky, unprofessional direction (my friends would charitably call me a naturalist wannabe), so it was so strange to see that stuff (very straight rows, planters) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment