Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Corn Muffins

Why tamper with perfection? I've added sweet corn kernels, cheddar, jalapenos, onions, and who knows what else to my corn muffins and cornbread, but I always return to this recipe, which makes this recipe as close to perfect as a recipe can get. We start the summer by enjoying these alongside the fresh gulf fish that my husband brings home from Key West. This is from the side of the Quaker Yellow Corn Meal package, and I cannot believe that Quaker doesn't have this great recipe on their website.

Corn Muffins

    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup Quaker Enriched Corn Meal
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 cup skim mil
   1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 egg

Preheat over to 400 degrees (if you're in my house, it's 405). Mix together all ingredients. Line muffin tin with muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment