Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy, happy

It has been hot and dry this week. In fact, today's heat index is 101 degrees. Most of the rain that's been promised hasn't shown up. But most of my plants are doing ok.

Happy daisies:


More happy daisies, some happy sunflowers, and some exceedingly happy weeds:


I am reclaiming this little sunflower garden today.

Planting a couple new mega-sunflower plants. Six seeds, to be exact.

But what's this?


Nature beat me to it. Nearly two months after they were planted, these decided to grow.

I still planted more seeds. You can't stop me!

The alleged green beans that were sprouting a couple of days ago shot up toward the sky and now I almost have a proper row. Never mind the quackgrass.


I love green beans!

And my sad little roma tomato plants, including the deer-stomped and munched one, look pretty well today for all that they've been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment